Monday, March 5, 2012

Trunk Lid Open Warning Light


"Trunk Lid Open" warning light on the dashboard might be caused by a broken wire near the trunk hinge. Pull down the cable shroud near the hinge and check if there is any broken wire as shown in the picture. Solder the broken wire and then use heatshrink to cover it. I used electrical tape since I did not have my heat gun with me. Reinstall the shroud and you are done. Thanks to JondevieonS40 from VolvoForums for the solution. Total repair time is about 15-20 minutes.

10 comments:

  1. Got the same issue to! The trunk did not open on my case...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got it fixed. Mine was intermittent and I had to pull the safety latch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picture's worth a 1000 words! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that it helped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was exactly the problem I had. I followed your directions, and it’s all fixed now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I just want to appreciate your ability to work. You have set an example for us by posting such an informative post. Great work.
    Aircraft Warning Lights

    ReplyDelete
  7. Husband took all the lining on the boot.. then I googled and found this post.. and boom.. I opened up and that was the exact problem

    ReplyDelete